IA

IA
This is ME

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Eating Woes

One would think that eating wouldn't bring such misery.  Eating should be pleasure.  For me, more often then not, eating equates to planning and depriving myself of the foods I truly love.  I have had to modify my eating habits more times then I count due to my ever changing illness.  Most recently I have had to eliminate all dairy from my life, including yogurt, which I was able to eat up until my last drop on prednisone.  I do not understand my system at all.  My diet has become increasingly limited.  The only thing that remains constant is my palat.  I love sweets...I always have, and have a feeling I always will.  I am not really a lover of salty or spicy foods.  I do enjoy the occasional kalamata olive, but that is really about it...I do not miss too many other high salt foods most other times....until today.  I just ate lunch.  I had a turkey sandwhich (about 2 ounces of low sodium turkey with 1 slice of challah and some homemade cranberry sauce *only because we were out of hummus* and then I did the REALLY odd thing and had a 100 calorie pack of Cape Cod potato chips). Now, honestly, I feel gross.  Not because I ate too much.  Not because I had too many calories or fat, obviously...but because I had too much SALT!  My pressure is fine...I checked it.  It is only 100/70, which is low on a "normal" person.  My pulse is normal too...90.  The salt did nothing to me, but make me feel as if I over indulged.  I don't even know why I craved such a thing.  I don't normally even want chips.  Today, I wanted them...I mean, I REALLY wanted them...and now, I feel guilty for eating them...ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment